[From Samuel Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1831.]
HARLINGTON, a parish in the hundred of MANSHEAD, county of BEDFORD, 5¼ miles (S.) from Ampthill, containing 398 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £11. J. Cooper, Esq. was patron in 1822. The church is dedicated to St. Mary.