Battlesden [From Samuel Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1831.]
BATTLESDEN, a parish in the hundred of MANSHEAD, county of BEDFORD, 3 Miles (S. S. E.) from Woburn, containing 151 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, with that of Potsgrove annexed, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the kings books at £12.9.7., and in the patronage of Sir G. P. Turner, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. This place affords the title of baron to Earl Bathurst.