[From Samuel Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1831.]
STOTFOLD, a parish in the hundred of CLIFTON, county of BEDFORD, 2½ miles (N.W.) from Baldock, containing 693 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the kings's books at £5.17.1., endowed with £1200 private benefaction, £400 royal bounty, and £900 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Trinity College, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists.
Stotfold, St Mary the Virgin
- Written by Nathan Zipfel
- Category: Towns and Villages
- Hits: 992