[From Samuel Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1831.]
MILTON-ERNEST, a parish forming, with the parishes of Clapham and Oakley, a detached portion of the hundred of STODDEN, county of BEDFORD, 5 miles (N.W. by N.) from Bedford, containing 364 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £7.6.8. Edmund Turnor, Esq. was patron in 1825. The church is dedicated to All Saints. An almshouse for six poor persons was founded, in 1693, by Sir Edmund Turnor, who endowed it with lands now producing about £40 per annum.