[From Samuel Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1831.]
STONDON (UPPER), a parish in the hundred of CLIFTON, county of BEDFORD, 2¾ miles (S.) from Shefford, containing 33 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Bedford, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £6.6.10½., and in the patronage of the Rev. Mr. Hull. The church is dedicated to All Saints.